Black tea is the most popular type of tea in the world. Approximately 90% of the tea consumed worldwide is black. Like most teas, black tea is derived from the leaves and buds of the Camellia Sinensis plant. The leaves undergo full oxidization giving them the black colour. It therefore is the most processed tea.
Benefits of Black Tea
- Black tea contains antioxidants called polyphenols which help prevent DNA damage of body cells.
- Caffeine in black tea increases mental alertness by mildly stimulating the brain.
- Polyphenols found in black tea can help prevent carcinogenic cells hence preventing certain forms of cancer such as ovarian cancer and prostate cancer.
- It contains compounds such as flavonols that prevent heart diseases.
- Chemicals and tannins contained in black tea help in improving body digestion.
You can buy black tea at teasoko.co.ke
Purple tea is a type of tea derived from the leaves, buds and shoots of a crossbreed variety of the Camellia Sinensis plant, the plant from which black tea, green tea, yellow tea, white tea and oolong tea are derived. Unlike the rest, the purple tea plant is purple-red in colour and so are its anthocyanins (antioxidants which give rise to the purple colour). Anthocyanins are the same compounds found in other purple foods such as raspberries and purple grapes. Purple tea has many health benefits and some people prefer it to green tea due to its appealing taste.
Health benefits of purple tea
- Purple tea helps in controlling the level of sugar in blood, thus preventing diabetes.
- Purple tea is rich in catechins that reduce body fat and help in weight loss.
- Purple tea contains anti-aging compounds that help in evening out the skin tone, reduce wrinkles, and improve complexions. Purple tea is actually a key ingredient in several skincare products.
- Purple tea contains lower caffeine content compared to black tea and green tea. It also has low levels of calories.
- Purple tea is believed to contain antioxidants that help in prevention of certain forms of cancer such as prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
You can buy purple tea at teasoko.co.ke
Green tea is a type of tea derived from the leaves, buds and shoots of the Camellia Sinensis plant. Unlike black tea, it is not fermented. It has gained popularity around the world due to its many health benefits.
Health benefits of green tea
- Polyphenols found in green tea guard against the Alzheimer’s disease, thus protecting the brain, especially as one gets older.
- Green tea helps in weight loss. This is by increasing the rate of metabolism which leads to burning of body fats.
- Catechins contained in green tea have been proven to guard against cardiovascular diseases.
Studies suggest that catechins could prevent certain forms of cancer such as stomach cancer, prostate cancer and breast cancer by preventing formation of cancerous tumors.
- Green tea lowers cholesterol levels in the body which in turn reduces the risks of high blood pressure.
You can buy green tea at teasoko.co.ke
White Tea is derived from the leaves and buds of the Camellia Sinensis plant. It is mainly harvested once a year, before the tea leaves are fully opened. At this stage, the buds are wrapped in white hairs. The most expensive and pure of all teas, white tea is also the least processes type of tea, only undergoing withering and drying after plucking. As a result, it contains a large amount of antioxidants. White tea has a floral and delicate taste.
Benefits of White Tea
- White tea contains more anti-oxidants than any other tea which help in boosting the immune system and fighting free radicals in the body.
- White tea has anti-ageing components that help in reducing wrinkles and improving the skin texture.
- White tea helps in weight loss. It boosts the metabolism rate, leading to weight loss.
- White tea contains compounds that may help in the fight against cancer.
You can buy white tea at teasoko.co.ke
Yellow tea is a type of tea derived from the leaves, buds and shoots of the camellia sinensis plant species. Yellow tea is sweet and pleasant.
Benefits of Yellow tea
- Yellow tea is rich in antioxidants which are essential in guarding against heart problems, immune system deficiencies and also protect the stomach, kidney and liver.
- Yellow teas also boost the rate of metabolism which helps in weight loss and preventing obesity.
- They help prevent cancer as the antioxidants and polyphenols contained in yellow tea help rid the body of cancerous cells.
- It lowers cholesterol levels in the body.
- It helps in reducing the aging process, again due to its antioxidants and high nutrients.
You can buy yellow tea at teasoko.co.ke
Oolong tea is a type of tea derived from the leaves, shoots and buds of the Camellia Sinensis plant. It is partially oxidized. It contains a significant amount of caffeine and has a sweet flavor.
Benefits of Oolong Tea
- Oolong tea enhances mental and brain alertness mainly due to its caffeine component.
- Oolong tea may protect against ovarian cancer.
- It boosts the rate of metabolism, leading to weight loss.
- It reduces the risk of heart diseases as it reduces cholesterol levels.
- It reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
Oolong tea is generally safe. However, it should be consumed in moderation.
You can buy Oolong tea at teasoko.co.ke